Sunday, January 3, 2016

Week 25

So this week was really weird.  There is a word here in Spanish call baggy which means like home sick.  And after the skype call home, I was super baggy.  Like incredibly baggy.  I had like zero desire to do anything that day and the next day but now I'm back in the game and teaching like a missionary should!
I have a super cool story to share.
So this week we had divisions and I was with a missionary from Nicaragua and we were in my area so I was in charge of the lessons and everything.  I planned for that day but when we started to work, I just felt like my schedule was just bad.  So we just improvised as we went and we found a ton of new people, taught some really powerful lessons, and had some super good success.  But the best part of it all was with this guy named Ronald.  He was an investigator of Elder Reinoso and mine and we would teach him and yeah.  That's like it.  But I hadn't talked to this guy since I was with Reinoso because he wasn't progressing and because we could never find him at his house.  SO fast forward to Monday, I am working and we are kind of near his house and I was just like "we NEED to go to his house" so we go.  He is sitting outside and he like like ELDERS come in come in!! We teach just like a small message about whose fold we want to be in.  He just tells us this long story about his first experience with the missionaries.  How his brother died in April and he wanted an answer as to why.  He was super sad and depressed and he prayed like a week later and said "Send me someone today!!" like 5 minutes later Elder Reinoso showed up.  Then he was like what the heck.  You sent me Mormons??  So he listened and liked it but never went to church or anything.  And then later in our lesson, he told us that he was sad again, and he prayed and asked for someone to come and give him the Word of God, then like 5 minutes later, WE SHOWED UP!! and he said that it just blew his mind and how he doesn't know why we came but that God clearly wants us there with him and how he is ready to go to church and wants to get baptized on the 16 of January!!  How cool!!
The Church is so true.  Heavenly Father puts us in the paths of people who are ready all of the time.  It  just depends on if we, as missionaries or members, are willing to listen to the still small prompting of the Holy Ghost and then act on that prompting. I love to be a missionary.  I miss you all terribly and I might get super baggy sometimes but unfortunately for all of you, you need to wait until July of 2017 to see me in real life.
I love you oh so very much!!
Elder Garry



No comments:

Post a Comment